About IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
|IBPS CWE (PO/MT) for PSBs||20-30 Years||Degree in any discipline from a recognised university or any equivalent qualification|
Some banks insist that the candidate should posses working knowledge of computers before joining the bank and few banks mention that the desired computer skills may be acquired within six months of joining the bank. If a candidate has not studied computers as one of the subjects in school/college, the candidate must possess a valid diploma (basic applications) in computers.
Public Sector Banks
Since clerical cadre recruitment would be on State-wise basis, the candidate may also be required to possess proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which vacancies he wishes to apply.
Regional Rural Banks
For Office Assistants (Clerks) and Scale-I Officers —- Candidates are required to possess proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT in which RRB is located.
IBPS CWE for PO/MT (PSBs) [ONLINE EXAM – OBJECTIVE TEST]
Structure of Examination (ONLINE):
Phase 1: Preliminary Examination
|S.No.||Name of Obj Test||No. of Ques||Max Marks||Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||1 hour|
Phase 2: Main Examination
|S.No.||No. of tests||No. of Ques||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
- 1. The above tests, except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- 2 .There is a Descriptive Writing Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) of 25 Marks for IBPS PO MAINS.
- Negative Marking: 1/4th or 0.25 marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
- Interview Marks: The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview is 40%(35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).The weightage (ratio) of marks of CWE and interview will be 80:20.
- Final Selection: The combined final scores of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in Main Examination and Interview. The weightage (ratio) of marks of CWE and interview will be 80:20
About IBPS PO Syllabus
|RATIO & PROPORTION, PERCENTAGE & AVERAGES|
|PROFIT & LOSS|
|MIXTURES & ALLIGATIONS|
|SIMPLE INTEREST & COMPOUND INTEREST& SURDS & INDICES|
|TIME & DISTANCE|
|MENSURATION – CYLINDER, CONE, SPHERE|
|SEQUENCE & SERIES|
|PERMUTATION COMBINATION & PROBABILITY|
|NON VERBAL REASONING|
|READING COMPREHENSION 10|
|CLOZE TEST 10|
|MULTIPLE MEANING WORDS/ERROR SPOTTING|
|PARAGRAPH COMPLETION/SENTENCE CORRECTION|
|History of Computers|
|Communication (Basic Introduction)|
|Networking (LAN, WAN)|
|Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)|
|Security Tools, Virus, Hacker|
|MS Windows & MS Office|
General Awareness Topics
|Latest Information about the Current Affairs|
|Awards & Honours|
|Fiscal Monetary Policies|